Color and Touch Up Hacks to Make Your Dye Job Last Longer
Posted on November 13 2020
Keeping up with the latest hair trends and finding the best hair color for women before you visit your hairstylist is one of the most stressful things ever. Hair color trends are always quick to change, but what’s even quicker is how your roots start to show. If you’re looking for tips to make your dye job last longer, check out these color and touch up hacks we’ve learned from the pros.
- Use the right hair products - using the right hair products for colored hair can make a world of difference. Start by picking a shampoo and conditioner set that’s especially formulated for colored hair like the Color Wow Color Security Shampoo and the Alter Ego Arganike Miracle Color Conditioner. These products prevent your hair color from looking dull so it always looks freshly colored.
- Mix a high-quality color developer with your hair coloring products - if you’re the type who DIYs her own dye job, you know just how difficult it can be to find good products to make your hair color last longer. One thing that you should put a lot of effort into searching for is a high-quality color developer like Goldwell Colorance Express Toning Developer Lotion that not only helps develop the perfect shade on your hair but tones it as well so it looks natural.
- Pick a shade that’s near your natural hair color - save for hair highlights for women which should create contrast with the rest of your hair, the color you choose to dye your hair with should be close to your real hair’s natural color. This way, the fading won’t be too obvious when it starts and could pass off as an ombre look, extending your dye job by a good week or two.
- Invest in hair root touch up products - having a few root touch up products at home can save you from the shame of walking around with your roots showing when you’re too busy to drop by the salon. Invest in a few good products like the Color Wow Root Cover Up powder shadow or the Toppik Hair Building Fibers Stick which also helps make hair look thicker and more lush.
- Protect your hair from the sun - slathering on some sunscreen on your skin before you leave the house is not enough. Your hair gets the most damage from the sun and its UV rays break down chemicals that lead to color fading so make sure to protect your hair from the sun at all costs. You can do this by wearing a hat or using an umbrella when you’re outdoors or you can also use a sunblock that’s specially made for the hair.
Follow these tips and see how much of a difference it can make when it comes to extending the life of your dye job.